The Bowers Bulletin

The Bowers Bulletin

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sharing Time


 Luke was given the assignment of giving a talk in Sharing Time. The theme for the month was Prayer is Reverent Communication between God and Me. We practiced his talk the entire week before and Luke actually had parts of it memorized, especially the scripture.  Here is the talk he gave:

In Alma 37:37 it says:
      Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night, lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning, let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
     One night when I was in bed, I was feeling scared so I called my mom to come sit with me. She told me that I'm never alone, that Heavenly Father is always with us. She told me we can pray to him for comfort and to feel his spirit. We then said a prayer and afterwards I felt good inside and I was able to fall asleep.
     I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers and that he loves us. When we are scared and need his help, he will help us. I know Heavenly Father loves me.

Luke did such a good job. Since Grandpa B. was staying with us, he came to see Luke speak. Grammy, Poppy and Uncle Joe came too. Luke has lots of family that loves him so much and takes the time out to show him how much they love and care for him. Grammy commented on how well Luke did and how he had parts of his talk memorized. She also mentioned how clearly he talks and how they were able to understand what he was saying.

I was thankful that we have had teaching moments in our home so that we actually had a personal experience to share. It helps to have these moments when we are taking the time to read our scriptures and say our prayers as a family. I am so thankful that we have the gospel in our lives for the guidance, peace and comfort it gives us.

No comments:

Post a Comment