The Bowers Bulletin

The Bowers Bulletin

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Afternoon Tea

My pal - Jami Allen
 I had the best afternoon! I met the girls at the Beehive Tea Room downtown for tea. I love afternoon tea! The room is so quaint and authentic looking, it reminds me of a library in England. We sit in sofa chairs and relax while chatting about girl stuff - it's great!

First things first, we ordered our tea. The very first time I went, I ordered the chocolate mint tea - which was okay. But then I tried Leana's , the Lavender Flowers - and I was hooked! Now that is all I order.

Our server brought out a teapot for each person and a timer to tell us when our tea is steeped and ready and fills our centerpiece glass. They have some rose bulb thingy (I don't know what it's called but it's really cool!) in a glass and when you fill it with hot water, it blooms. It's really pretty.

Next they bring out the scones. They are really good scones. I asked for clotted cream but they were out. Very disappointing. They order it clear from England so it takes a while for it to arrive. :( Instead we had butter and jam but the scones really didn't need it because they were so good.

After scones they bring out the finger sandwiches. I can't remember exactly what they are but I remember one with cucumber slices and another with pine nuts and pesto. They really are so delicious. The sandwiches come out on a stand and each person has their own plate.

After the sandwiches comes a plate with a glass of fresh fruit with real whipped topping on top and next to it is a really good dessert. Today it was a chocolate dessert with a mousse filling. It was heavenly!
The Girls - Jami, Leana, me and Melanie Griffiths
It was so nice to be among friends, I love it when you have friends you can totally kick back and relax with. I'm so glad they invited me. We're talking about trying another tea room but I just don't think we will find a place that compares with the Beehive Tea Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment