The Bowers Bulletin

The Bowers Bulletin

Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Poppy!

Poppy turned 58 today and he made his annual prime rib dinner. I think he's silly for making his own dinner but it makes him happy to make his favorite meal and have his favorite people (his family) around him.

It's okay because I am more than happy to eat such an awesome meal. :)

Poppy's favorite cake is German Chocolate cake and I am more than happy to make him a birthday cake. I just wish I was better at it. Four years in a row I have attempted to make him a cake from scratch and four years I have FAILED! (Apparently no one else thinks this but me.) Sure the cake tastes great and no one complains (except me) but it looks AWFUL!! I follow the recipe but my cakes always fall. DANG IT!! I always think that this time it is going to be better but it's not. Oh well - maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment