The Bowers Bulletin

The Bowers Bulletin

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Utah Book Festival


Book Festival

KSL had been advertising this festival for awhile, it seems like there are always a lot of activities and events and family, you just have to be looking in the right places. Good thing I watch the news occasionally! I thought it would be a good thing to take Lucas because usually these events are free and they hand out a ton of free stuff. Which they did. Lucas got a new book called The Janitors which is way above his reading level but when he does start reading (at a 3rd grade level), he will have a signed book to read. It was either that or some really stupid prize that I would eventually end up throwing away so I felt that the book was worth it. Plus we got a poster as well and Lucas thinks that pretty cool. It looks creepy and scary which is what he seems to be into right now. Perfect!

So as I was reading who the authors were that were presenting, I noticed that there was one author who was talking about his new children's cookbook and the recipes were geared more towards boys because it was some monster cookbook. Lucas would not let us sit and observe the presentation because he could see the bouncy house nearby. Oh I was ready to smack him because of all the whining he was doing. Later Josi Kilpack demonstrated how to make a pumpkin roll for her new book "Pumpkin Roll" which I desperately want to read, but Lucas didn't want to sit through that one either. If only I had another adult with me. Oh well, the recipe is in the book, I can figure out how to make it on my own.

Lucas and Raja Bell. Turns out he's a player for the Utah Jazz (I didn't know that but there were a lot of people around who were really excited to see him and get his autograph (I'm such a follower)). Anyway, I totally had to bribe Lucas to stand next to him for a picture and he was NOT happy about it at all. We got his autograph too.


He was very happy, however, to have his picture with Clifford the big red dog. Go figure.
 We spent a lot of time at the bouncy house - Lucas had a blast playing there. It's probably because then he can be crazy and wild all he wants and it's okay because everyone else is doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment