The Bowers Bulletin

The Bowers Bulletin

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dalley Family Reunion

Time for the Dalley Family Reunion, the get together of the Charles and Zola Dalley. Their children are Leola Hatch, Richard Dalley, Colleen Riches (my grandma), Stanford Dalley and Wesley Dalley.

Every summer, typically in August or September, we have a reunion with the Dally Family. It's always at the park in Lehi and each of the siblings take turns planning it. This year it was Leola's turn. She is the oldest in Grandma Riches family.





Someone tied a strap between 2 trees and the kids all took a turn walking a tightrope. It was pretty fun. Lucas always wants to try things he sees other kids doing so of course he took a turn. He did pretty well with help. There were a couple older kids who actually made it across without any help! Very impressive.

Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of all the families. :( 
I saw Carol taking a lot of pictures and I should have followed her around but I didn't think about it until later and by then, a lot of people were gone. Oh well, next year right? I did get Wesley's family though.

It's always great to get together with family. It's great to hear some stories especially about Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Dalley. They were still alive but very old when I was younger. They died when I was in high school. I remember that Grandma Dalley was always dressed very nicely and my mom told me that she always dressed her best. She might not have had a lot of clothes and jewelry but what she did have was very nice and she took very good care of her things. A good lesson for all of us to learn. To take pride in our appearances (but not too much) and how we treat our things. Other stories I remember is how everyone remembers how well Grandpa Dalley took care of Grandma Dalley. He always treated her with the utmost respect, which she deserved. They truly were great examples for everyone.

 
<>
<>
The Wesley Dalley Family
(Grant took a turn walking the tight rope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment