The Bowers Bulletin

The Bowers Bulletin

Friday, May 13, 2011

Surprises

I went to work as usual and I had a list of things I wanted to get done that weekend in preparation for the baby. Dustin was going to go to Pleasant Grove and measure a job and Lucas was going to spend the day at the Miller's playing with Alaina and Lydia.

But I was sitting at my desk eating breakfast when I felt a pop, a cramp and a gush of water. It was only 8:00 AM and I hadn't done anything on my list yet.
I rushed home because I hadn't packed my bag yet. Luckily Dustin and Lucas were still at home. Grammy rushed over to get Lucas and we went to the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital at 9:10 AM. Dustin was so excited to drive to the hospital because he thought he could drive fast but I told him to not hit any bumps (because I was in PAIN!) and so he drove slower just for me. He did park the car in the horseshoe and left it there for over an hour while I got settled. And he got me a wheelchair to sit in while we waited for them to tell us what room to go to.
We had the nicest nurse. Her name was Wendy and she was with us the ENTIRE day since she had just started her shift when we arrived. I immediately asked for an epidural and then spent the rest of the day in labor.


Grant Harrison Bowers was born at 10:36 PM. He was 6 pounds and 13 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long.


I was only able to see him for a minute before they took him away to clean him and do some tests. He had pooped while in utero and so they had to immediately suck his mouth and nose. Also, while I was in labor, I had a fever and they were worried that he had an infection. So he spent the first 2 1/2 hours in NICU getting an IV and running some tests.
His first bath was actually done in our room at 3 AM. He wasn't exactly thrilled about it but it was soon over and we were able to get some sleep. We're glad Grant is safely here!

No comments:

Post a Comment